COVID-19 National Health Plan
Bulk Billed MBS Telehealth Services
What is it?
Telehealth is the delivery of healthcare services and information using telecommunication technologies such as email, videoconferencing and telephone consultation. The new government incentive is the inclusion of telehealth services into the MBS, allowing health professionals to bulk bill patients for eligible services. What it means for patients is that they are able to access important medical care, while maintaining social distance or isolation. Contact Bodytrack to learn about our virtual exercise clinic.
Telehealth services will be available to:
– people isolating themselves at home on the advice of a medical practitioner or in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by the AHPPC;
– people who meet the testing guidelines for COVID-19;
– people aged over 70;
– Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged over 50;
– people with chronic health conditions or who are immunocompromised; and
– parents with new babies and people who are pregnant.
Contact Bodytrack to learn about our virtual exercise clinic.
How do I access it?
Contact your GP, specialist or allied health provider to find out if they provide Telehealth services. Different providers use different platforms to provide telehealth services. Find out more about Telehealth for Exercise Physiology or Contact Bodytrack to learn about our virtual exercise clinic. If you’d like to test the set up and see what it’s like using telehealth, book a Free Zoom Setup appointment and we can guide you through it at a time that suits you.