Your body. Your health. Your life.
Empower yourself to manage Parkinson’s Disease.
Am I Eligible?
- Individuals with Parkinson’s Disease are eligible to attend the group program. A comprehensive initial assessment ensures the program is tailored to your individual capacity and goals.
- No referral is required, however we appreciate communication and collaboration with GPs, specialists and allied health providers to ensure we provide the highest quality care.
- Family, friends and carers are also encouraged to participate in the education and discussions component of the program; the neighboring cafe then provides the perfect location to relax while participants exercise.
- Individual Initial Assessment (1 hour)
- Education Pack + additional resources from each education session
- Individualised Home Exercise Program
- 30 min Group Exercise Sessions
- Cardiovascular and resistance exercise
- Parkinson’s specific exercise including power, dual tasking and amplitude of movement
- Education and group discussion for participants, family, friends and carers
- Introduction to PD
- Being diagnosed with PD
- PD and Exercise
- Remaining Motivated with PD
- Sleep and Fatigue
- Nutrition and Medication
- Speech and Swallowing
- Freezing, Falls and Posture
- Stress Management and Independent Living
- Where to Now?
What are the Benefits?
- We want to empower you to manage your body, your health and your life.
- The structure of the programs allows abundant time to answer questions and tailor a specific treatment plan for your needs.
- We want to put you back in control of your Parkinson’s diagnosis, by providing access to high quality health care, education and resources in a safe and supportive environment.
- Everyone with Parkinson’s should exercise: regardless of your age, fitness level or stage of Parkinson’s, there is something you can do to get active and stay active
- Evidence shows exercise is vitally important for people diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease, for general health and well-being, as well as easing motor and non-motor symptoms including constipation and sleep problems.
- Bodytrack’s Accredited Exercise Physiologists are experts in prescribing exercise specific to Parkinson’s Disease; feel safe exercising under supervision and knowing you are doing the right exercise for your body.
- EDUCATION & SUPPORT
- A Parkinson’s diagnosis can be overwhelming and at times isolating
- Education throughout the sessions will build your understanding of PD and how best to manage your symptoms.
- The role of social support for exercise adherence and management of health conditions is well documented.
- The group environment creates a fun and supportive environment to share experience and learn from others managing a Parkinson’s diagnosis.